Kids Lessons at Togari
Togari Ski and Snowboard School is officially recognized by the Ski Association of Japan (SAJ) and offers private ski lessons in English by native speakers. Please specify the number of participants, age, skill level (First Time, Beginner or Intermediate), and preferred starting location (Pegasus or Orion). Instructors are limited so we recommend making a booking well in advance.
- Beginner skiers left to their own devices tend to quickly get frustrated and tired. Bad habits using poor technique usually creep in rapidly, making skiing inefficient and sometimes downright dangerous to you and other slope users. A skilled instructor will introduce your child to the fundamentals of skiing in a way that makes complete sense to them, in a fun and safe environment. They'll also encourage your child and guide them to the best ski slopes for all important practice time.
- The instructor will treat your child as an individual and communicate in a calm and considerate manner. We aim to build a rapport which in turn helps to develop your child’s skiing skills. We understand that during the lesson a child may need to have a break and play in the snow, and we won't force them to participate.
Actual time on snow will vary depending on weather conditions, the group’s ability, and stamina. Those who are new to skiing or younger children may take extra breaks throughout the day to build back our energy.
We ask that you keep in mind that every child learns at different rates and your child’s overall enjoyment is the priority to us, playing in the outdoors and snow is about making a positive experience that encourages them to continue participating in snowsports.
Please make sure your children have the necessary ski equipment, outdoor clothing, goggles and helmet, gloves, warm clothes, well-fitting boots, etc. Don't forget the sunscreen!
What to know before you go
- You can change your reservation by calling (+81) 080-6937-7662
- Lessons are rarely cancelled because of weather; if the lifts are running, we're good to go!
On the day of your lesson
- Come ready to put some fun in those fundamentals
- If you have not already picked up your rentals, please allow 30 minutes prior to reservation for adults and 1 hour for children.
- Bring all your equipment - we'll show you how it all goes together
- If you are a true beginner, or it's been a while, we will assess your child before you buy a lift pass.
Prepping for your lesson
- Get a good night’s sleep
- Drink lots of water
- Eat a healthy breakfast
- Don't forget the sunscreen
- Dress warm and in layers
- Be sure to wear protective eye wear
- It's always a good idea to stretch