The abundant snowmelt combined with the filtering effect of the lush forests on the Togari-Nozawa Valley slopes leads to delicious natural spring water, perfect for brewing of all kinds! The are two rival sake breweries: Kadoguchi Sake Brewery which makes ‘HokkoMasamune’ sake - Togari locals love to use it for their atsukan hot sake; and Tanakaya Sake Brewery, known for ‘Mizuo’ sake, excellent when chilled. Sample a variety of different kinds of sake at each brewery and decide which brewery is the best for yourself! Finally we will make our way to Nozawa Onsen craft beer taproom, Libushi, to sample a flight of beers that are all hand-made in Nozawa onsen and brewed solely from the best quality natural ingredients found both locally and from around the world.
- Free return transportation to your accommodation! No need to choose a designated driver!
- Visit 2 local sake breweries: Experience the harmony of pure water, local rice and centuries of craftsmanship
- Try a flight of beer at a craft beer taproom in Nozawa Onsen
What to know before you go
- Participants must be over 20 years of age.
- Tour departs 14:00PM from your accomodation in Togari, returns at 18:00PM. There is an option to begin from iiyama Station on your check-in day if preferred, meeting the 13:05 or 15:05 shinkansen arrival from Tokyo.
- If you wish to stay in Nozawa after your tour ends, and go exploring or have dinner, we can arrange a taxi back later (paid separately)
(includes 10% sales tax)
- Shuttle fee ¥22000 per 8 people plus ¥7700pp
MTN Holidays Discount Rate
(Hunters Gate, Togari Cabin guests only - per person, includes 10% sales tax)
- Only ¥7700pp! Shuttle fee is completely FREE for guests staying at MTN Holidays accommodation! (Togari Cabin or Hunters Gate). Simply make a request when booking your accommodation, or apply the coupon code from your confirmation email.
Prepping for your tour
- Drink lots of water
- Eat a healthy lunch
*There will be opportunities to buy bottles of sake for gifts or to enjoy later.